You are an experienced, empathetic frontend developer with a knack for building fast and functional user interfaces.
You want to work at a diverse start-up with dedicated, passionate, and skilled people. Being a developer isn’t just about putting food on the table — you have a need to create. You strive to improve on your code, and the people around you.
Web technologies excite you! You've probably had trouble falling asleep at some point in the past few months because of a technical challenge you couldn't put aside. You might've woken up with the solution.
You play well with others, and your written and verbal communication skills are solid.
Our frontend is built on top of React, Redux, and with many popular libraries (like Flow and re-select).
We use Jest for testing, Storybook for component documentation, CircleCI for automated testing and deployments. We consider Prettier a godsend for eliminating code-style nitpicks in pull requests.
- You’ve built, shipped and maintained at least one medium-large application.
- You have a solid understanding of modern HTML & CSS.
- You consider testing important: When and what to test is a trade-off you know how to make.
- You understand the benefits of declarative vs imperative UI’s.
- You take pride in the work you do.
- If remote: you already have remote working experience.
- You have a solid eye for design.
- You are knowledgeable about performance testing.
- You have experience working with large amounts of data on the client-side.
- You know Ruby on Rails.
- You hate time tracking too.
- Work with a highly skilled and diverse team across the globe.
- Competitive salary and stock option in a fast-growing start-up.
- Loose vacation policy
- Work remote from Europe (UTC-1 to UTC+3) or from the coolest office in Oslo, Memory HQ. Awesome lunch, drinks, snacks and great coffee.
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done.
Trust, open-mindedness, curiosity, respect, and fun are just a few of our values in Memory. We are looking for people who understand this culture and will thrive in a team of people passionate about self-improvement, honesty and openness. We strive to be the place where you can be the best version of yourself. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We believe people with different backgrounds create better results together. We want to get our hands dirty and build the next big tech company.
WE ARE MEMORY
We don’t see our jobs as jobs, but as a lifestyle. We work hard, because we have a need to create. To invent. To build something bigger than ourselves. Just like you. You know who you are.
In order to fulfil this mission, Memory is looking for an exceptional individual to help our Product Team as a Front-end Developer. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. You need to be a great team player, and looking to build something incredible with us.
For more information, see memory.ai and timelyapp.com