WE ARE MEMORY
We don’t see our jobs as jobs, but as a lifestyle. We work hard, because we have a need to create. To invent. To build something bigger than ourselves. Just like you. You know who you are.
In order to fulfil this mission, Memory is looking for an exceptional individual to help our Product Team as a Back-end Developer. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. You need to be a great team player, and looking to build something incredible with us.
You care deeply about your profession. Web technologies excite you! Perhaps you're passionate about open-source, or you care about under-represented people in tech. Maybe you blog about technical challenges you've overcome, or want to do that going forward. Maybe you've spoken (or want to speak) at a conference. You've probably had trouble falling asleep at some point in the past few months because of a technical challenge you couldn't put aside. You might've woken up with the solution.
- Build next-generation web applications with a focus on the back-end.
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging
- Write clean code to develop functional web applications
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve legacy applications
- Collaborate with Front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server side logic
- Gather and address technical and design requirements
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Liaise with developers, designers and system administrators to identify new features
- Follow emerging technologies
- Background from backend development
- Solid experience with Ruby on Rails, building and consuming API's.
- You write well tested code.
- You're comfortable with pull-request-based workflows and code reviews
- Initiative, enthusiastic, and have entrepreneurial spirit
- You know more than 1 language
TECHNOLIGIES WE USE
- Rails for the backend
- React for the frontend
- Python for data processing, machine learning and analysis
- Objective C for iOS development
- Java for Android development
- Competitive salary and stock option in a fast-growing start-up
- Loose vacation policy
- Work from wherever you want or -
- Work from the coolest office in Oslo, Memory HQ; with awesome lunch, drinks, snacks and great coffee
WHAT WE VALUE
Trust, open-mindedness, curiosity, respect, and fun are just a few of our values in Memory. We are looking for people who understands this culture and will thrive in a team of people passionate about self-improvement, honesty and openness. We strive to be the place where you can be the best version of yourself. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We believe people with different backgrounds can create better results together. We want to get our hands dirty and build the next big tech company.
We are looking for extraordinary people to join us. Are you one of them?