WE ARE MEMORY
We don’t see our jobs as jobs, but as a lifestyle. We work hard, because we have a need to create. To invent. To build something bigger than ourselves. Just like you. You know who you are.
In order to fulfil this mission, Memory is looking for an exceptional individual to help our Product Team by providing actionable insights from our customers. You need to be empathic, results-oriented, a great team player, and looking to build something incredible with us.
In Memory we strongly believe in design thinking, and we use the Jobs to be done framework extensively in everything we do (from product design to ad copywriting).We are proud to say we are a customer driven company, so as a product researcher you will play an important role in improving existing products and building new ones.
You get excited about using strategic research to identify customer problems, pains and potential gains. You have experience using surveys, interviews and experiments as tools to find actionable insights to communicate to the rest of the team. And you are passionate about building products that solve real problems.
You will support stakeholders from growth, sales, marketing and product teams, so they can make the right decisions and ensure our products are easy to use and intuitive, and that our marketing communication pushes all the right buttons.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Conduct customer interviews via phone/video and face to face
- Conduct usability tests, field research (e.g. visit customers in their office) and experiments
- Implement surveys and communicate key findings to the rest of the team
- Map out and document customer jobs, desired outcomes and the customer journey
- Communicate actionable insights to the product, growth, sales and marketing teams
- You love building products that people love and that solve real problems
- Experience researching digital products and systems, not just websites.
- Strong understanding of the underlying psychology of user research
- The ability to communicate your research findings in ways that makes an impact; You know that your insights alone are useless if they are not communicated successfully
- Excellent communication skills and high attention to detail
- Experience with implementing both quantitative and qualitative surveys and deriving insights from them
- Experience with at least some of these research methods:
- Jobs to be done framework
- Outcome driven innovation
- Survey research (know how to construct effective surveys)
- Usability testing
- User testing via phone or video interviews
- Field research (e.g. visit customers at their office)
- Diary studies or other forms of longitudinal research
- Customer interview techniques (5 Whys etc.)
- Independent and full of initiative; Ability to determine what to work on, how to get the job done and when to deliver it
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit (i.e. no one is too important to do the office dishes)
- Competitive salary and stock option plan
- Loose vacation policy
- Work from wherever you want or -
- Work from the coolest office in Oslo, Memory HQ; with awesome lunch, drinks, snacks and great coffee
- We use MacBooks, but we will get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done!
WHAT WE VALUE
Trust, open-mindedness, curiosity, respect, and fun are just a few of our values in Memory. We are looking for people who understands this culture and will thrive in a team of people passionate about self-improvement, honesty and openness. We strive to be the place where you can be the best version of yourself. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We believe people with different backgrounds can create better results together. We want to get our hands dirty and build the next big tech company.
We are looking for extraordinary people to join us. Are you one of them?