COO / Sheryl Sandberg / Tim Cook
WE ARE MEMORY
Memory is not your average Norwegian company. We work tirelessly because we have a need build something bigger than ourselves. To create something important. Just like you want to. You know who you are. The company is made up by 42 employees from 15 different countries. We have two official offices in Oslo, Norway and Pune, India. In addition to that half the company works remotely from the remaining 13 countries.
Our first product is called Timely, the world's first AI-based time tracking platform. It uses advanced machine learning (the real kind, not the pretend kind) to analyse everything you do in a day, privately and securely, and automatically creates a timesheet for you. Time tracking is a notoriously disliked task for millions of people and Timely radically simplifies it. So far 4500 companies from 160 countries depend on Timely to plan, track and run their time-related projects.
At the heart of Timely lies our Memory-database, which is built to help humans solve problems we're not fully equipped to solve. Like remembering what you did two weeks ago. We think there are a plethora of problems to be solved with the same core database and have started working on future products in addition to continuing developing Timely.
In order to accelerate our growth as a company, Memory is looking for an exceptional individual to come on board as COO / VP of Finance / CEO-when-the-ceo-is-not-there. It's a difficult job to explain, but we're looking for a Sheryl Sandberg to Mark Zuckerberg. Or a Tim Cook to Steve Jobs. Someone that excels at the things a product CEO doesn't. Or manage critical aspects of the business he won't have time for. You're someone that will run the company when he's away.
You've probably run a company before or held very top leadership positions at one. You know finance well and love excel sheets. You're very organised and the divisions you've lead run like clockwork. You know how to scale. You're better qualified than the CEO on many areas and will have healthy conflicts and discussions with him to create the very best company possible.
In addition, you will work with the rest of the executive team in a highly collaborative environment on key business, financial, operational routines and special initiatives.You need to be technical, results-oriented, a great team player, and looking to build something incredible with us.
- Provide leadership in the facilitation of corporate goals and acts as a sounding board for the CEO on a variety of subjects
- Business profit and performance analysis
- Coordinate monthly financial and operational reporting
- Drive standardisation of financial policies across divisions
- Work with corporate and divisional leadership on key profit and growth initiatives
- Review and assess system capabilities and compatibility with business needs
- Other business and financial initiatives as assigned
- Build strong relationships across the organisation to ensure cross-functional collaboration
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting/finance or relevant concentration
- Long background with a strong focus on operational finance in SaaS or startup is a plus
- Proven experience in building, mentoring, motivating and leading high-performance teams that attract and retain top talent
- Detail-oriented and willing to roll up sleeves to accomplish stretch objectives
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Impeccable integrity and ethical standards
- Ability to operate in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment with shifting priorities
- Great at communicate in person and in written with our remote teams
- Initiative, enthusiastic, and have entrepreneurial spirit
- Competitive salary and stock options in a fast-growing start-up
- Loose vacation policy
- Work from the coolest office in Oslo, Memory HQ; with awesome lunch, drinks, snacks and great coffee
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
WHAT WE VALUE
Trust, open-mindedness, curiosity, respect, and fun are just a few of our values in Memory. We are looking for people who understands this culture and will thrive in a team of people passionate about self-improvement, honesty and openness. We strive to be the place where you can be the best version of yourself. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We believe people with different backgrounds can create better results together. We want to get our hands dirty and build the next big tech company.
We are looking for extraordinary people to join us. Are you one of them?